Wednesday, 5 September 2007
Philip (Managing Director) and Tom (Development Manager) returned this week from a successful intelligence gathering exercise amongst a number of small to medium research agencies on the west coast of the USA.
Philip and Tom visited a number of field agencies in San Diego, an online agency and a full service agency in Los Angeles, and both a software company and a number of qualitative research agencies in San Francisco.
Some of the key findings included:
- High levels of positivity inherent in the American character
- Enthusiasm for business development amongst all staff
- Dominant use of online despite some concerns over reliability
- Use of multiple panels within online surveys
- Mixed mode data collection common on smaller studies
- High incidence of field-only agencies with geographically diverse call centres
- Remote processing common.
We would like to thank all hosts for their time and their willingness to share ideas and thoughts on future trends in the research industry. Special thanks to those who went out of their way to meet us outside office hours - or on board a yacht!
We look forward to ongoing dialogue for the benefit of our clients.
posted by Tom Mitchell-Taverner